Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The break is coming to an end

I have been enjoying my holidays for 2 months without realizing how time flies.

My classmates came to Kuching for 5 days and Diana and I actually hosted them by bringing them around the town. Basically, it was a "Foodthalon". Last night's dinner was the most memorable one as we took a sampan across the river to eat ayam penyet (Originally, we wanted to eat ayam pansuh but when we reached there, they told us that we were supposed to book in advance) at My Village in Kampung Boyan. The place was very traditional with very nice atmosphere if you exclude the wild cats, slow service and free music from the mosque. After dinner, we went to Open Air Market to have supper.

Photobucket

Other than being hosts, Diana and I went followed the doctors for ward rounds this week in SIMC. We managed to pick up different types of heart murmurs. =) During our first ward round, the matron scolded us for washing hands together in one sink. She said that was the first time she saw people washing hands that way. Then, during our second ward round (this morning), the matron scolded us again for not wearing our name tags. She actually warned us not to come back unless we have our name tags so I guess this morning was our last ward round as both of us seriously do not have name tags with us.

No comments: