Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Patient Interview

We have our patient interview starting from this week onwards. It's under our Behavioral Science. For my semester and the next semester, we only have to interview normal patients. As for my semester 3, we have to interview patients who are very angry and come to see the doctor by banging on the door or wall. Then, for semester 4, we have to interview patients who are very sad and depressed. We have to break very sad news to them too such as they have cancer etc. Anyway, the lecturers taught us how to interview patients in the correct way. We are not allowed to use any medical jargon at all. I didn't know words like symptoms, associated symptoms, history, radiate are considered as medical jargons. We are not allowed to use those words when we talk to patients as they might not understand. We were asked to use lay-man terms and explanation instead. Our assessment on patient interview will be in a few weeks time. Now, we get to practise to interview patients.

Photobucket
Our lecturers showed us videos on good and bad interviews with patients and they even acted out for us to see in our lecture hall this morning.

After my lectures, I had to go for my PBL session on digestive system. Then, my orientation group friends and I went to KFC for lunch.

Photobucket
Alison, Michelle and Su Ann

Photobucket
Yi Wen, Agnes, me and Shu Ling

We ordered one big bucket of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, wedges etc and we felt very bloated at the end of the day. Haha We started to talk about how many more weeks to our exam and most of us started to feel kiasu except for Michelle who is so used to Kiasuism since she's from Raffles College in Singapore where everyone is kiasu. Haha

No comments: