Monday, November 10, 2008

A Busy Week

Last week was a rather busy week to me compared to my usual weeks. We had lectures, pbl, case study for behavioral science and new air (assigned independent reading) topic to work on with the deadline on the 31st of December which is also the date for my final exam. Anyway, for the air topic, we were asked to write a report on Human Genome Project and we must include the techniques used to sequence the human genome, key findings regarding the human genome in terms of number of genes, % of coding genes etc, the benefits in treating diseases and the ethical and legal consideration that has arised from this project. Since the references were given for us to find, KIASU people (I was one of them) ran straight to the library after lecture to get hold of the journals. In the end, we shared. Haha Yeah, kiasu but sharing. Other than that, I went to play pool at the student lounge with Agnes and Shu Ling after lectures. Yes, it is still a very addictive game to me though not as addictive as it used to be when I was in secondary school. I haven't play pool since I left Kuching and now, I am back to playing pool. Haha

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also went to the Universiti Hospital with my group to help out at the children cancer ward last Wednesday.

Photobucket
I made rabbits for the cancer children and drew those faces. Haha

During the weekends, I went out with Nicole, Hazel and Sze Ying to eat at Sri Petaling. We accompanied Hazel to the clinic to clean her wound at there and at the same time, we had dinner there. Oh yeah, that was my second time going to the clinic with Hazel. During the first time, Hazel went to tell the doctor that I was doing Medicine and that doctor asked me so many questions about her Sebaceous Cyst, when I am just in Semester 1. Lol I couldn't answer any of his questions. Here's the conversation I had with him.

Dr. Cheong: Do you know what is a sebaceous cyst?
Me: No
Dr Cheong: Do you know the symptoms for sebaceous cyst?
Me: No
Dr Cheong: Do you know when do people get a sebaceous cyst?
Me: No
Dr Cheong: Better read about it.

I was sick of saying no that in my heart, I felt like asking him a lame question back. "Do you know how to kill an Indian? Just press the red button on the forehead and the indian will explode." Guess what? Luckily I didn't ask him that because after a few days I found out from Hazel that his wife is an Indian.

We were unlucky as there was no electricity. We wanted to eat at pizza hut but they couldn't serve us. Then, we tried KFC, MB etc but to no avail. In the end the electricity came back and we had our dinner at pizza hut.

Photobucket
We couldn't wait for our food so we bought cream puffs to eat

Homo erectus eating at pizza hut
Photobucket
Hazel and Nicole

Photobucket
Sze Ying and I

No comments: