Saturday, October 25, 2008

My blood group is A+

I only found out my own blood group two days ago. During that afternoon, I had to go to the lab for my basic haematology practical. All of us had to perform a finger prick using the softclix pro lancing device and then prepare a peripheral blood smear.

Photobucket

Photobucket
My blood group is A (Row 2)

Photobucket
I am Rhesus positive (Row 2)

After doing our blood grouping, we prepared our own blood films.
Photobucket
We stained the blood film using Leishman's method.

Photobucket
My blood film

We managed to see our own blood cells under the microscope.
Photobucket
My erythrocytes

Photobucket
My neutrophil with three lobes

Photobucket
My monocyte with the kidney bean nucleus

Photobucket
My lymphocyte

Photobucket
My platelets.

It was very worth it for me to prick my own finger to see my blood cells under the microscope and other than that, I found out my blood group for free. Haha

No comments: