Friday, June 12, 2009

Mountain trek

Photobucket

Few weeks ago, we suddenly had this idea to climb Mount Santubong. I have never climbed any mountain before except for Mount Singai. Even then, I did not climb till the summit. After deciding whether to climb Mount Santubong or not for a few days, we finally went to climb it this morning. We started our journey from Kuching at 7.30am after having breakfast together at Hui Sing. We reached there about 8.15am. We wanted to take the steeper but shorter route but it was not safe to park the car at that short cut area. In the end, we had to take the longer route. We all paid rm1 each as an entrance fee.

Photobucket
Bryan was so ever ready. He even brought a parang (something which never came across my mind when I was packing my bag)

Photobucket
Our ah beng guide

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks to Xu Vin for borrowing us the mosquito repellent. There were so many insects in the jungle. haha We managed to put on that before starting to go into the jungle. There is no toilet in the jungle so yeah, I spent so much to go to the toilet first too.

Photobucket
I paid rm2 to go to the toilet in KLCC too but in Mount Santubong, there was no wet tissue or body shop products to use in the toilet.

Bryan used his parang to cut down the small tree trunks to make walking sticks for us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Naruto

There was no proper trail at all but this..
Photobucket

Photobucket
Wild mushrooms

Photobucket
By the waterfall at F5

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bryan started to play with pebbles

Photobucket

Photobucket
Frog

Photobucket
Stick insect

We managed to climb till F5 and then, I felt so exhausted... I drank 2 bottles of water and I felt like giving up. Haha Well, I did give up in the end and I managed to climb till F5 only. It was actually very far. To reach the summit, we have to climb till F15. It looked so far away to me. I was very happy that I reached 1/3 of the mountain. Haha Luckily I did not climb any further because it was so tiring to climb down. It was very tough too. Steep and slippery. Only certain areas have ropes to hold. I fell down a few times (oh well it has been a long time since I fell down so its ok haha!) Besides, it was a new experience to slip and fall in the jungle. haha

Photobucket
Our ah beng guide K.O in the end too. It was his 5th time climbing Mount Santubong and he said it was his first time that he did not reach the summit. I guess it was because of me. Haha

Even though it was very tiring, I had so much fun climbing and it was very worth it. hehe

5 comments:

redshark_999 said...

Naruto with black band=P
I think it was tiring nuff climbing to there, the journey down was much more tough, and longer. haha

Xu Vin said...

hahah damn funny u comparing klcc toilet to mt santubong's. RM2 is cut throat. adventurous piggy! (btw ah beng's parang is cool eh)

Audrey Teo said...

haha well, it is the truth. cut throat. lol yeah it was damn sharp too.

~$ieW m3i~ said...

hey Audrey! :)
i went with my friends last holiday and we managed to reach F8 but i came back with muscle pains for at least a week! hahaha but it was damn nice. i really enjoyed it too. oh and i didn't remember paying for the toilet. i think i saw the sign but we just ignored? and no one was there to collect anyway. haha. but really la, RM2 is a total rip off.

Audrey Teo said...

haha yeah a total rip off. i couldn't ignore the rm2 because there was a lady sitting and waiting for me to pay her. haha wow you climbed till f8.. rocky? it was hard to get down.. haha i guess i didn't climb enough to get muscle pain. only for a day